Frequently Asked Questions
What is the KANARA?
Data and Analytics: Track and analyse your on-water sessions with specialised metrics to improve athletic performance
Gamification: Stay motivated by earning points and gamifying your on-water sports sessions
Competición: Create and take part in private and public digital and real- world challenges, competitions and events.
Community: Connect, communicate and share with other users via the integrated social feed and functions
KANARA is focused on rewarding athletes for performance, encouraging competition and multiplying fun.
Who Can Use the App?
We built KANARA nautical and watersports athletes, practitioners, and clubs. Compatible activities include, but are not limited to: Sailing, kiteboarding / kitesurfing, windsurfing, hydrofoil, paddleboarding/ SUP, kayaking, canoeing, surf, etc.
All users are required to review our Warning Section below.*
Contact [email protected] to learn more.
What devices and applications are compatible with KANARA?
Currently, you can synchronize:
- devices Suunto and Suunto accounts
If you do not have one of the above, don’t fear! We are rapidly building new relationships and connections. Sign up to stay informed..
What metrics can I get with the KANARA Sport water sports app?
With the KANARA Sport app, now you can track the following metrics:
- Total Distance: Your total accumulated distance traveled over the course of all sessions.
- Average Distance: The average distance you travel in your sessions
- Total Activity: Sum of total time you have spent in your sessions
- Maximum Distance: The total distance you have ridden in a single session
- Average speed: Average speed, per hour, you have reached throughout all your sessions.
- Maximum Speed: Highest speed, per hour, you have reached
- Max Speed 500M: Your maximum speed reached among all runs of 500 meters or more that you have achieved across your sessions.
- Max Speed 250M: Your maximum speed reached among all runs of 250 meters or more that you have achieved across your sessions.
- Max Speed 50M: Your maximum speed reached among all runs of 50 meters or more that you have achieved across your sessions.
The following metrics will be available very soon!:
- VMG Upwind: Your maximum upwind speed achieved
- VMG Downwind: Your maximum downwind speed achieved
Important note to former app users: In KANARA Kitesurfing, our precursor app, we identified irregularities in speed measurement and reporting. Our studies indicated that there are many factors, such as momentary loss of GPS signal, that can affect the accuracy of the reported data.
In our new app, we have implemented an algorithm and other measures to overcome these issues. We continue to revise and improve our platform to provide the best user experience.
To preserve the sanctity of the rankings, we have reset all records, but preserved your total distance and points earned. If you have any questions or concerns, please email [email protected] for more information.
I still have questions, can you help?
Sure! We have a close relationship with our users so that we can better understand needs, troubleshoots and improve the overall experience!
If you haven’t received an answer to your question, do not hesitate to contact us.
Please use the KANARA Sport app responsibly and with care.
Whilst nautical sports are enjoyed by all backgrounds, users are required to be responsible practioners and athletes that are fully aware of the actual and potential risks of these sports and environments.
By using KANARA Sport, you declare that you will not utilise the application unless you are:
- 18 years of age and older or a minor with the safe and supervised consent of a legal guardian.
- Experienced, responsible and careful riders.
To the extent permitted by the law, you accept that KANARA Sportech SL, its creators, agents or any partners will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses,personal injury or death which may arise in connection with your use of the KANARA Sport mobile application.